Monday, August 10, 2009

personality types, ice skating and soccer camp

Hey everybody!

Just a collection of random thoughts I've been having the past week. Friday was my pre-preliminary skating tests. I passed both the moves and freestyle tests for pre-preliminary. It was kind of fun. I haven't taken a figure skating test in over eight years, so this was kind of a thrill. I'm really enjoying the opportunity to teach learn-to-skate classes, and I'm thinking about maybe teaching some private lessons in the future. It also might be cool to do some adult competitions. We'll see! Anyway, I'm having fun, getting lots of ice time through my job, and I'm planning to try and take the preliminary and pre-juvenile moves tests in November.

Jon and I have also been entertaining ourselves by investigating our personality types on the Myers-Briggs system. Jon's company has every employee take the personality test so that they can learn more about each other and their personality types. Jon tested as an INFP (Introvert, iNtuitive, Feeling, Perceiving) but we think we have him pegged as more of an INFJ (Introvert, iNtuitive, Feeling, Judging). I'm almost definitely an ESFJ (Extrovert, Sensing, Feeling, Judging), although I always test as an ENFJ (Extrovert, iNtuitive, Feeling, Judging). We think we have some of our family members and friends pegged, so watch out, we may just know more about your personality than you know about yourself! If you're curious, you can find good descriptions of all the personality types on wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myers-Briggs_Type_Indicator. It's also interesting to find out what celebrities have your personality type. An example of my personality type is Terry Bradshaw. Haha! I'm not sure what that says about me. Anyway . . .

Before I stop, I'd like to ask you guys to pray for the soccer camp that our church is going to be running in two weeks. Pray that we get the word out and get lots of involvement from the community. We hope that this will be a great way for us to make contacts for launching the church in the fall, and we also hope to see lots of people brought to Christ through our witness there.

Have an awesome day!

Rachel Walker

4 comments:

Teacherperson said...

I know what I am. Do you have me pegged?

The idea of teaching skating sounds like so much fun! I'm glad you've got the opportunity.

Anonymous said...

So according to a facebook application I'm an ISFP. I took it before, though, and got ESFP, so I'm not sure what that means. Anyhow, I guess the S, F, and P are right. When I read the descriptions of both of those, though, I didn't think they sounded like me. So, yeah...what do you think?

Rachel said...

Well, I thought you were an ENTP. I guess maybe I'm way off, but that sounded like you. They're really independent and are good logical thinkers. It says they're highly competent leaders and tend to be insulated against the influence of other people's opinions. That made me think of you. I know what dad is, though, check out the description of the INTP.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/INTP

Rachel said...

I'm sorry leanne, I thought you were an ENTJ, not ENTP.